Glover Quin pledges $100 per tackle, and $5,000 per interception for Hurricane Harvey Relief

 


September 9th, 2017 article by ESPN Staff writer, Michael Rothstein
:

“Detroit Lions safety Glover Quin lives in a suburb of Houston.  Last weekend, he saw first-hand the devastation Hurricane Harvey brought to that part of Texas. And now, he’s trying to help.

Quinn aims to turn his performance this season into a fundraiser to help recovery efforts in Houston and in Richmond, where he lives.  For every interception he records, he will donate $5,000.  For every tackle, $100.  Last season, Quinn had 68 tackles and two interceptions. If he equals that in 2017, he would donate $16,800 to the relief effort.  In 2014 he was one of the NFL’s interception leaders, with seven.  The eight-year veteran is working with an organization based in Richmond for the relief effort.” ~ article by Michael Rothstein, ESPN Staff writer.

And, oh yeah by the way… Glover Quin has been living off 30% of his salary, and investing the remaining 70%. See businessinsider.com article:  click here